Tuesday, February 24, 2015

 

WHILE TEACHERS ARE CHANGING THE WORLD

           I am typing these paragraphs while teachers changing the world. As education is the most powerful weapon; it is not that surprising that teachers can change the world. Even if we do not notice teachers really DO change the world. They have the power and this is their job. Naturally, having affected someone's learning process can make a difference. One by one teachers touch their student's hearts with sorrow and shape the generation. 

         I know one teacher who really did it. Her name is Sıdıka. She is a philosophy teacher in a high school in Istanbul. The school that she teaches in is a place where people see it as a "waste of time" or more positively "a period before the university" so; a place where people don't feel comfortable and don't see teaching/learning that important. What she did was very small or big? Maybe you decide it. In this paragraph I will only talk about what she did to me and we may only understand how big was it in the future. I was the class representative in 11th grade and her eyes and words (tools of reinforcement and motivation) made me work very hard even if they go nowhere! I worked hard had a wall newspaper about languages and changed it every week. I did my best and I saw that someone started to learn Spanish thanks to me! One person! I've changed one person's life! A lot of things happened about it by the time. But then she wanted me to be in the elections of the school representative. I was one of two girls in the election. I lost it. The winner got over one thousand votes and what I've got was 28. She came and said "Wow! 28 people voted for you, this equal to number of people who knows what do you aim!" Then I've noticed, There was no way for me to be elected, I have no charisma or good speech abilities but my thing is to work to change people. She made me smile, learn Japanese, be in English teaching department and teach Turkish as a foreign language. She created a smile form personna non grata.

No comments:

Post a Comment